Digital Bridge Solutions is a Chicago-based digital development agency. We specialize in building highly functional eCommerce sites for brand manufacturers and B2B organizations. Our development work leverages open source languages and frameworks like PHP 7 and Symfony 4 that power the platforms we specialize in: Drupal, Magento, Akeneo, and Or oCommerce. Our strategic focus is on helping our emerging and mid-sized enterprise clients grow their businesses through the digital channel.
We are looking for multi-talented, enthusiastic, and client-focused developers to join our growing team. Our culture thrives on collaboration and accountability, and our team members are problem solvers who embrace challenge, seek out learning opportunities, and enjoy having fun with their co-workers.
The Lead Developer role at Digital Bridge Solutions is responsible for guiding the efforts of our project development teams on complex PHP website development initiatives. This role will combine both managerial and active-development activities, including:
Cognitive, conceptual activities like structuring client business requirements, architecting solutions using one of our digital experience platforms (Drupal, Magento, Oro), defining developer tasks lists, assigning hour estimates to development tasks, assigning tasks to members of the development team, and reviewing code quality
Active, hands on development activities to help the team build the solutions that have been defined, including the development of custom modules / extensions as needed
The Lead Developer role is responsible for maintaining the conceptual integrity of the web applications that we build for our clients, and for owning the technical path to completion for a project. This means communicating the planned technical architecture approach to the development team, and ensuring it is implemented correctly through active task monitoring, developer guidance, and code review. It also means owning the project development workflow and ensuring that the development team is working efficiently.
While most work will be performed at our downtown office location, this role will also have client facing responsibilities. A well rounded professional in this role will be called on to meet with clients and present confidently on technical topics during sales presentations, requirements gathering sessions, and key development milestones. Limited travel is required, < 10%.
- 5+ years of experience with object oriented PHP web development and the MVC design pattern
- 3+ years of hands-on project experience with Drupal, Magento, or Symfony, including at least one year with the most recent version (Drupal 8, Magento 2, Symfony 4)
- 2+ years of development experience in a multi-developer environment working with team members of varying skillsets (e.g. front end, back end, DBA, etc.)
- 1+ year hands-on experience with eCommerce platform (e.g. Magento, Drupal Commerce, ATG, Hybris, OpenCart, etc.)
- Acquia Certified Developer (Drupal), Magento 2 Trained Developer (Magento) or Symfony Certified Developer (Symfony) certifications a plus
- Prior work experience in an agency environment strongly preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and an interest in leadership / team development
- Bachelor or Associates degree in Computer Science or related web development field
- Flexible work schedule
- Collaborative, team-oriented work environment that is low on ego and high on “getting to the answer”
- Growing organization with opportunities for advancement
- Exposure to a wide range of client projects and problem sets across dozens of industries
- Conveniently located in downtown Chicago in the Loop, 2 minute walk from Brown / Orange line and 10 minute walk from CTA and Metra
- Competitive salary
- 401(K) program with employer match
- Employer-provided health insurance plan through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Tax-free transportation benefit program (RTA and CTA)
- 3 weeks paid vacation / PTO
Digital Bridge Solutions is committed to being a diverse, open, and affirming workplace. We welcome and encourage participation by all willing collaborators regardless of race, color, creed, or orientation.
Local Candidates Only, Please (Chicago Area)